Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Guest Post - Kelli from The Nail Polish Challenge

Last, but certainly not least is Kelli from The Nail Polish Challenge! I am pretty darn sure you have heard of her and her blog... and if you haven't.. well. What's wrong with you? No, haha. But seriously. Go check her blog out. She's the goddess of uniformity and flawless swatches. She's basically the wind beneath my wings.
 It's an honor to have her blog in my little ol corner of the nail world! Read on...



Hi guys! I'm so excited to be guest posting today - Rei is a nail bestie, and she happens to be super talented as well! I decided to do a manicure using one of Rei's most popular techniques - advanced stamping - and I had to use our favorite colors - purple for her, and blue for me!




To create this look, I started with a base of China Glaze Lotus Begin on all nails, except my ring finger, which had a base of OPI Alpine Snow. Then, I painted on KBShimmer Lilac Dreams on my outer two nails. This color is gorgeous and I love how the glitters match the other polishes in this manicure! Anyway, the advanced stamping was created using Mo-You Sailor 04 and KBShimmer Eclipse, China Glaze Lotus Begin, and China Glaze Wait N' Sea. I finished the manicure by adding a gradient with Wait N' Sea on my middle nail.



Keep in mind I'm not as much of a stamping expert as Rei - this technique definitely takes talent, and it's even tougher than I imagined! I will need some practice, but I think I did well for my first try.



Of course, I had to take a picture with the polishes in the background (total Rei pose)!
One thing I like to do for my posts is add a photo of all the polishes I used in my nail art  (don't you hate when you see a gorgeous color in a mani and have no idea which polish it is? Well, I do! So I started taking these photos for reference.) Anyway, here are the polishes I used:


I hope you all enjoyed my little nail art! Thanks for letting me guest post, Rei ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mind blown? Go tell her she's crazy guys. Because this decal/reverse stamping look she created is beyyonddddddddddddddddddd gorgeous. I don't know why I don't have this plate yet.

If you aren't already following Kelli be sure to visit her blog and Instagram. Especially to check out her other media platforms, because she has a billion. 

Thanks soo much for the beautiful post Kelli!! 

Hope you guys enjoyed yet another awesome guest post :)




2 comments:

  1. I can not get over how great these colors are together! Your first try at this technique came out way better then mine. I kept smearing the colors on the stamper because I didn't let it dry enough. It was one big patchy mess. That plate is one of my favorites but I had never thought to advance stamp that image.

    ReplyDelete