Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pink Ombré

Hey! Today's challenge is ombre nails, and since I've done a purple one before I decided to look for another color in my collection that I have a lot of. Which is surprisingly pink! I forgot how much I love wearing pink on my nails. After purple and blue of course.

This starts the old ombre vs gradient nails argument. Honestly they mean the same thing. Ombre is fading from dark to light or vice versa. And with a gradient you can do the same thing. In the nail world I firmly stand by the belief that ombre nails are light to dark (or vice versa) with a different color on each nail. A gradient is using two or more colors fading into each other on one nail. Get it? Good!






Light to dark:
Thumb: O.P.I - I Theodora You
Index: China Glaze - Something Sweet
Middle: China Glaze- Pinkie Promise
Ring: Barry M: Dragonfruit
Pinky: China Glaze - Sugar High


It's almost a skittle mani with the colors I chose because I don't have ones that fade smoother into each other. But I love it anyways and I hope you do too ;)

1 comment: