Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

So it's Memorial Day in the U.S.A to commemorate fallen soldiers who served in the U.S Armed Forces! 'MERICA!
And of course the holidays means an excuse for some nail art!
On my index and middle fingers I started with China Glaze Hey Sailor, a perfect true red color. And I just free handed the stripes with a white striper polish. 

On my ring and pinky I painted two coats of OPI I Saw... You Saw... We Saw...Warsaw and then stamped over it using an image from the Winstonia plates, I used 107! (they're fabulous by the way)

I used an old bottle of Sally Hansen White On because I heard/read before somewhere once that old thick nail polishes could work well for stamping (since I don't own any special Konad polishes.) It didn't turn out AS sharp as I wanted to though and that's probably because it was so gloopy! 
But I'm still happy with the results:)
Next time I'll try with a different white I have! Anybody have any suggestions for an opaque stamping white?



It's been raining on and off also today.. it stopped for a few minutes so I could take these photos and now the sun is full blown out! Oh well.
Thanks for reading! Time to fire up the grill now. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment